RFE returns policy
This policy sets out the circumstances in which goods supplied by RFE will be accepted for return.
Australian Consumer Law
When shopping with RFE rest assured that you are covered by consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”) which cannot be excluded. This policy is in addition to any rights you have at law including under the ACL which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act, 2010 (“Act”).
Please choose carefully as RFE will not accept the returning of goods if you have made a wrong choice or simply changed your mind. Only damaged or faulty goods will be considered for return.
Assessment of goods for return
RFE reserves the right to assess the eligibility of goods for return (including the condition and age of the goods) BEFORE accepting them as returned. All goods which a customer wants assessed for return must be:
- (a) accompanied by proof of purchase from RFE either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction; and
- (b) unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories such as remotes, controllers, power cords, batteries, battery chargers, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase. Please note that it may be necessary for the manufacturer/distributor of the goods to inspect the goods in order to assess eligibility for return. RFE will endeavor to provide a prompt turn-around time. While goods are being assessed, RFE will not be deemed to have accepted the goods for return.
When goods will be accepted for return
RFE will accept goods for return only after assessment as set out above, where the goods:
- (a) fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the ACL; or
- (b) are subject to any express warranty given by RFE and the goods are returned in accordance with the terms of that warranty.
When goods are accepted for return
Subject to any obligation of RFE by law to the contrary, when RFE accepts goods for return:
- (a) for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which is not a “major failure”, RFE may either have the goods repaired or provide an identical replacement ; or provide a refund of the amount paid for the goods within a reasonable time.
- (b) for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which cannot be remedied or a “major failure” (as defined in the ACL), you may either reject the goods and choose a refund or identical replacement or one of the same type and similar value (if reasonably available); keep the goods and get compensation for any drop in value of the goods caused by the failure; or agree with Workout World to the repair of the goods; and
- (c) under express warranty, RFE may either repair or replace the goods or offer a refund in accordance with the express warranty.
A “major failure” is defined in the ACL and broadly is one where a reasonable consumer would not have acquired the goods had the consumer been fully aware of the failure, the goods are unsafe, substantially unfit for purpose or departed significantly from the demonstration model or sample. In this regard you should refer to the ACL. If you reject goods purchased from RFE in accordance with the ACL, you must return the goods to RFE. If the goods cannot be returned without significant cost to you as prescribed under the ACL, you may ask RFE to collect the goods. If goods are accepted for repair, RFE will undertake such repairs within a reasonable time frame. All repairs will be undertaken as prescribed under the ACL. If you are entitled to a refund under the ACL, your refund will be issued by credit card, cheque, EFT or PayPal depending on your original payment method for the goods.
After your goods are repaired
After your goods have been repaired or replacement goods become available, as may be the case, RFE will contact you to make arrangements for delivery of your goods. RFE will only pay for delivery of the goods if they were repaired or replaced because of a major failure or if RFE is required by law to meet the delivery cost.
Repair of goods
Goods returned for repair which are capable of retaining “user-generated data” as defined under the Act, may as a result of the repair, be subject to loss of data. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Online Sale Returns
If you purchased goods online via the RFE website and you would like to return them, you should first contact our Customer Services Department who will issue a Return Authorisation Number and indicate where the goods should be sent for assessment of eligibility for return. The process for return of goods purchased from RFE is set out in this Returns Policy with the additional requirement that you need to first obtain a Return Authorisation Number to identify your goods. Freight costs for return of purchased goods are the responsibility of the buyer, RFE will not cover these freight costs.
Your rights not affected
This Returns Policy will not affect your statutory rights including those under the ACL. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and your statutory rights, your statutory rights will of course take precedence.
For more information
If you have any questions regarding this Returns Policy or believe that RFE or any of our staff have not observed your rights under the ACL, please do not hesitate to contact RFE by writing to:
Robinson’s Department Store Narrandera
89 East St